The official website for Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger has opened, unveiling the series’ premise and staff. The series will begin airing March 5, 2022.
Nearly three months after learning the name of the upcoming Super Sentai series, TV Asahi opened the official website of Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger on December 21, 2022. Only the main visual for the 47th Super Sentai series has been revealed thus far, but it is still a valuable first glance for what is to come after Avataro Sentai Donbrothers.
Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger is proclaimed as a large-scale fantasy setting where the heroes are fighting alongside bug-inspired robots to protect the world.
Each hero is a member of royalty of their individual nations, lands renowned for their particular focus or advancements.
- Hailing from Shugodam, the strongest nation where a guardian deity resides, is Kuwaga Ohger (red), a self-proclaimed king. His design is based on the stag beetle.
- Tonbo Ohger (blue) is the monarch of N’Konpa, the land of technology. His suit design uses a dragonfly for its motif.
- Ishavarna, a country renowned in the arts and in medical care, is led by a queen. Kamakiri Ohger‘s motif is of the praying mantis.
- The land of ice and snow, Gokkan, is led by Papillon Ohger, a purple warrior with a butterfly motif.
- A nobleman of Tohfu, a country known for its agriculture, Hachi Ohger‘s (black) design is based on a bee.
Among their arsenal is the King’s Weapon, shields with multiple modes, and the Ohger-caliber swords, the team’s transformation item and proof of their royal status.
Joining their fight to maintain peace are Shugods, bug-like mechanical lifeforms and guardian deities of the world, and each of the royals can communicate with their Shugod through the Ohja-caliber.
The royals respective Shugods are as follows:
- God Kuwagata (red, stag beetle)
- God Tonbo (blue, dragonfly)
- God Kamakiri (yellow, praying mantis)
- God Papillon (purple, butterfly)
- God Hachi (black, bee)
Additionally, when they combine with God Tento (ladybug), God Kumo (spider), and God Ant (ant), the robot King-Ohger is formed, a colorful and powerful ally.
- Director: Kazuya Kamihoriuchi
- Screenplay: Minato Takano
- Action Director: Jun Watanabe
- Special Effects Director: Hiroshi Butsuda
- Takehiro Ohkawa
- Takahito Omori
- Taku Mochizuki
- Yosuke Minato
- Koichi Yada
Many of King-Ohger‘s staff may be familiar to fans and readers. The director Kazuya Kamihoriuchi is no stranger to Toei productions, having lent his hand to Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger and multiple Kamen Rider series, and Jun Watanabe and Hiroshi Bustuda have also been credited for a variety of tokusatsu productions.
Minato Takano’s past writing credits for tokusatsu is for episodes 23 and 24 of Kamen Rider Zero-One, but he has also penned scripts and screenplays for the anime Tiger and Bunny 2 and the Kakegurui drama and movie adaptations.
Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger will be the 47th Super Sentai production and will begin airing on Sunday mornings starting March 5, 2023.
I have been writing professionally for over 20 years and have a deep understanding of the psychological and emotional elements that affect people. I’m an experienced ghostwriter and editor, as well as an award-winning author of five novels.